Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Anxiety

Have any of you ever felt anxious about anything? Lately I've felt under siege. I can see and feel the attack, but I cannot see my attacker.

I read this book called "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway". In it the author speaks of our "chatter boxes". These are little voices in our minds that sort of chatter.

We should all learn how to control our chatter boxes, for sometimes the chatter is a destructive force.

I've. been trying to lose weight. Before any of this can be accomplished we must allow ourselves to be imperfect, and just have the desire to be healthy, and in time, slimmer!

Here's where my chatter gets me. I often feel that my weight loss represents some failure in me. While I did indeed neglect what needed to be done, that certainly does not make me a personal failure does it?

Other things set me off, and I feel like that fly on the wall, watching me have a tantrum, or simply being angry or sad! I don't want to be like this. That fly has told me to tell my chatterbox to calm down.

I also need to read that book again! I need to be patient when things don't go my way, and to just go with the flow!

Have a great day!

I

No comments:

Post a Comment