I feel you in the Summer
breeze
light and sweet
like June.
I see your playful hand, a
a trickling in the brook.
The trees, their dancing leaves.
I hear the birds, your song they sing
a perfect harmony.
I see the sky,
your bluest bluest eyes in it.
The sometimes black and
stormy swirl,
that sets the torrent rain.
I hear your voice,
through playful glee,
the children's innocence.
The puppy's fur,
the whimpering cry
"please carry me, please carry me!"
I feel your hand on tear-stained
cheek,
soft as satin, your caress.
Your wise and soulful word.
I see your vibrant colors,
your soul like fragrant petals.
a rose, or any other flower
in a garden up above.
Now sleep,
just sleep, my angel
in Father's loving arms.
Dream and play and sing,
and be that Summer breeze.
Each scent I smell,
each brook I hear
I'll feel you everywhere.
-Dedicated to Mom on her burial day.
June 30,1930-June 14, 2009
Rest in Peace...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wrote this poem for my Mom...it sums up how I feel about her
ReplyDeleteExcellent!
ReplyDelete